Call for papers
THE 2017 BUFFALO ANNUAL EXPERIMENTAL PHILOSOPHY CONFERENCE
- Dates: Fri., Aug. 18, and Sat., Aug. 19, 2017
- Keynote speaker: Tania Lombrozo (Psychology, Berkeley)
- Location: Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown Buffalo, NY
- Submission deadline: May 15, 2017
- Paper Submissions: We invite submissions for paper presentations on any topic pertaining to experimental philosophy. Submissions can report new experimental results or contribute to broader philosophical or methodological debates over existing or possible results. Both XPhi-friendly and XPhi-critical papers are welcomed. We prefer to receive complete papers, but we will also accept extended abstracts. Participants who give paper presentations will be given 50 minute sessions within which to present their research and to respond to questions. Speakers are encouraged to allow at least 15 min. for Q&A. Speakers are also strongly encouraged to talk through their papers rather than read them verbatim. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Poster Submissions: We invite submissions for poster presentations on any topic pertaining to experimental philosophy. For poster submissions, please submit an extended abstract.
- Registration: The conference registration fee will be $75 for faculty and $50 for graduate students, post-docs, and independent scholars.
- Sightseeing: For those who are interested, a sightseeing trip to visit Niagara Falls will take place on the morning of Sun., Aug. 20.
- Organizers: Robert Kelly and James Beebe (Experimental Epistemology Research Group, University at Buffalo). The event is sponsored by the Marvin Farber Memorial Fund, the George Hourani Memorial Fund, the Peter Hare Memorial Fund, and the William Baumer Memorial Fund at the Dept. of Philosophy at the University at Buffalo (SUNY).