Buffalo XPhi Conference
THE 2018 BUFFALO ANNUAL EXPERIMENTAL PHILOSOPHY CONFERENCE
CALL FOR PAPERS
- Dates: Fri., Sept. 21, and Sat., Sept. 22, 2018
- Keynote speaker: Shaun Nichols (Philosophy, Arizona)
- Location: Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown Buffalo, NY
- Organizer: James Beebe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Registration: The conference registration fee will be $80 for faculty and $50 for graduate students, post-docs, and independent scholars.
- Sightseeing: For those who are interested, a sightseeing trip to visit Niagara Falls will take place on the morning of Sun., Sept. 23.
- Funding: The event is sponsored by the Marvin Farber Memorial Fund, the George Hourani Memorial Fund, the Peter Hare Memorial Fund, and the William Baumer Memorial Fund at the Dept. of Philosophy at the University at Buffalo (SUNY).
CALL FOR PAPERS
- Submission deadline: May 1, 2018
- Paper Submissions: We invite submissions for paper presentations on any topic pertaining to experimental philosophy. Submissions can report new experimental results or contribute to broader philosophical or methodological debates over existing or possible results. Both XPhi-friendly and XPhi-critical papers are welcomed. We prefer to receive complete papers, but we will also accept extended abstracts. Participants who give paper presentations will be given 50 minute sessions within which to present their research and to respond to questions. Speakers are encouraged to allow at least 15 min. for Q&A. Speakers are also strongly encouraged to talk through their papers rather than read them verbatim. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
- Poster Submissions: We invite submissions for poster presentations on any topic pertaining to experimental philosophy. For poster submissions, please submit an extended abstract.
- The 2017 Buffalo Annual Experimental Philosophy Conference (Aug. 18 - 19, 2017). Keynote speaker: Tania Lombrozo (Psychology, Berkeley).
- The 2016 Buffalo Annual Experimental Philosophy Conference (Sept. 9 - 10, 2016). Keynote speaker: Helen De Cruz (Philosophy, Oxford Brookes).
- The 2015 Buffalo Annual Experimental Philosophy Conference (Sept. 11 - 12, 2015). Keynote speaker: Thomas Nadelhoffer (Philosophy, College of Charleston).
- The 2014 Buffalo Annual Experimental Philosophy Conference (Sept. 19 - 20, 2014). Keynote speakers: Jennifer Nagel (Philosophy, Toronto) and John Turri (Philosophy, Waterloo).
- The 2013 Buffalo Annual Experimental Philosophy Conference (Oct. 11 - 12, 2013). Keynote speaker: Edouard Machery (History and Philosophy of Science, Pittsburgh).
- The 2012 Buffalo Annual Experimental Philosophy Conference (Oct. 5 - 6, 2012). Keynote speaker: Joshua Knobe (Philosophy and Cognitive Science, Yale).
- Buffalo All X-Phi Weekend (Oct. 2 - 3, 2009). Invited speakers: Stephen Stich, Shaun Nichols, Jonathan Weinberg, Michael Bishop, Mark Phelan.